***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, June 13, 2008

Memorial Day Parade

Ok, so I'm a little late getting this out, but oh well. I'm a little late doing everything lately! On Memorial Day we went and watched the parade. It's a long parade route, really, 2 1/2 miles I think. Noah and I could have walked in it with his school, but he wasn't interested at all. He did like seeing all his friends walking, though.
Here's the kids waiting and waiting and waiting for the parade to start. Vance was really on the ball and thought to bring Popsicles. They munched on them until they melted and then they drank them! We had bottled water, too, but I kept reminding McKaylie and Noah that there wasn't a bathroom any where close so they'd have to wait a long time if they had to go. They both chose to drink sparingly, thank goodness. It wasn't that hot either, although, I did get a slight sunburn.
This is why we chose to see the parade. Chad marched with the naval base. I joked with him a lot about how lousy sailors are at marching, but I was actually very impressed. They did a great job. They had a great turnout and there was really only one or two guys that were off step, that I saw. They were even singing cadence, which made it more fun! I've never seen Chad march before. He's really only marched at boot camp, which I wasn't there to see and at the school in Florida, where I was pregnant and sick 90% of the time. It was really exciting to get to see him. I've always loved watching the military march and who doesn't love a man in uniform, right!?!
They stopped on this bridge and did a 21 gun salute. I got a little teary eyed. I'm just really proud of the men and women in the military in all the ways that they serve. And, I'm really proud to be a part of that in my small way.

2 Comments:

Kids Cooking Activities said...

Love that, which I could have seen it.

Laurie said...

Very cool! Some friends invited us to an awards ceremony or something like that when we lived in CA for a summer. He was in the military and they marched and I loved it. It made mefeel so proud of our country and the men who serve us. Tell you husband thanks for all he does and thanks to you and your children for all that you also do to support him. You are an amazing family!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...