***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Mother's Day........................

I had a nice quiet Mother's Day this year. Chad gave me some scrapbooking stuff, that he let me pick out. Noah gave me a little pot with daisies in it that he planted at school, McKaylie made me a bookmark and a little picture frame with a picture of her in it, Myshel told me happy mother's day (teenagers!?!) and Vance made me this origami tulip. I loved all my presents!

In the afternoon, we went for a walk with the kids and the dogs. It was really nice and we stopped by a little pond and let the kids catch tadpoles. What wasn't so nice was, after we got home, we found 2 ticks on the dogs, 2 in the house and one on Chad's ear the next morning. YUCK!!!!! I hate ticks. I really, really hate ticks. They give me the creepy crawlies just thinking about them. They're really bad this year. Even the schools are having trouble with them after recesses. There's one school that has "tick-buddies". All the students are assigned a buddy before they go out for recess and when they come back in, they check each other's hair for ticks. Now, is that nasty or what!!!!! Noah had one crawling on him at school after playing outside and another girl in his class had one in her hair. It's like a tick plague.......so not cool!

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...