***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, September 19, 2011

Vineyards in New York

I forgot to post these pictures. They're kind of fun and I mentioned these to my mom, so I'll do it now.
Driving through western New York and Pennsylvania, there are tons and tons of vineyards. The funny thing is, I don't remember ever seeing them there before when we're driven through. Maybe it was the time of year or my bad memory either way, this felt like the first time I'd seen them. And it was fun to see something different as we were driving. They go on for miles and miles.
McKaylie and NoahJust after we crossed the Pennsylvania/New York border we stopped at a rest area, which just happened to have vineyards behind it. (go figure) So we took some pics. I don't know when the grapes are ripe, but these were definitely not. I don't think I've ever seen grapes on the vine up close before. It was cool to have a quick, first experience, even if it was something as simple as grapes growing! There was also a nice old man at the rest area that offered to take our family picture in front of the welcome sign, so we took him up on it. He only took 3 extra pictures---one of his thumb and 2 of the ground. ha ha We appreciated his kind gesture.

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...