***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A New Goal

Ok, I've set some new goals for myself. I'm not usually one for New Year's resolutions, but this year I've decided to work on a few things. Some I'm sure I'll be posting about, some, maybe not.

Why am I telling you this . . . because one of my goals is to keep my blog updated like I used to. I've looked back over the years and realized how much information about me and my family is really on here. It's a good thing and I want to get back in the habit of it. So, even if it's only a line or two or a picture, I'm going to try to post something everyday.

So, here's my very first post of 2010. My grandmother crocheted pin cushions that looked like little hats. I loved mine and used it a lot. But my dogs apparently loved it too. So, I decided to try and make one on my own. It turned out pretty good . . . or should I say they turned out pretty good. It was easier than I thought it would be, so I made a second one. I might even make some more. I'm not sure what I'll do with them if I make more, but I'll worry about that when/if it happens. I used cotton yarn on mine and my grandma's were made out of the nylon blend yarn. (I think it's nylon, anyway) I don't know if that made any difference, though. {Maybe tomorrow I'll post Christmas pictures----I'm so behind, aren't I}

Photobucket

2 Comments:

Kids Cooking Activities said...

I want one!
I'm also looking at these and think you should sell them. Do they have craft fairs and such like they did in VA? Or etsy.com? Don't know much about etsy but people sell things they make there.
They look really great.

Corrine said...

those pin cushions are awesome! way cute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...