***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, March 12, 2007

Take Me Back

This morning, I heard the song, Baby, Baby, by Amy Grant. I was amazed at how it took me right back to the time when I first heard it. Chad and I were newly married and living in our first apartment together. We barely had furniture and no TV (by choice). We would listen to the radio all the time, talk, read, play card games. It was a great time for us. It was a sweet time for us. We used to hear this song on the radio all the time and I loved it then and I love it now, because just hearing it again brings back all those memories like they were yesterday. I can remember how I felt then, like I'm feeling it all over again for the first time. It's amazing to me how certain memories can be tied to our senses and bring back things so clearly, whether it's sounds or smells or even tastes. There's actually several songs, and smells, that I know about, that can bring back memories very clear for me. Some are happy and some are a little sad. It truly is amazing to me how our minds and bodies work and how such a simple thing can take me back.

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

I've always liked this song, what fun to hear it again!

Vance's dresser looks great! You have been very productive lately...can I borrow you for a week?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...