***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, March 19, 2007

System Overload

This is a picture of my buddy Nutmeg. She was keeping me
company on the couch yesterday morning, sleeping
behind my legs.

Here's a very quick summary of how my weekend went.

Friday---In my last post, I told you about the electricty going out, well, it went out again later that afternoon. Also on Friday, I was feeling a little achy and as the day progressed and I ended up needing to go several places in the rain and that achy feeling kept spreading...............by Friday night I was aching all over, and my throat was swollen. Chad was suppose to be home around 5 or 6 that night. I was hoping I'd be able to get some extra rest so maybe I wouldn't get too sick. He ended up coming home at midnight. So much for that idea and for spending any time with him on Friday.........................

Saturday---I was sick! I knew I had strep.............AGAIN! We just can't seem to get it out of our house for good! And once again, it's the weekend, I can't go and see my regular doctor. I decided that I'd try and stick it out until Monday so that I can see my regular doctor and not have to go to the emergency room. I wasn't up to going anywhere, so we hung out at the house pretty much all day.

Sunday---I went to the emegency room................AGAIN! It was so bad in there. We had been there for a long time and not even seen the triage nurse and it was just making me feel worse and I knew it was going to take a serisouly long time. While we were sitting there and I was leaning against Chad, we could hear other people who were waiting "getting sick" and I knew that if they weren't even getting in there very fast that it was going to take all day for me to get back there and we left. I suffered through the rest of the day. It was not an enjoyable day.

Monday---Chad got underway again. (He was home3 days, one day he worked until midnight and I was sick the other 2) I went to my regular doctor, surprise, surprise, I have strep! He told me I need to give my body more time to recover, aka, more bed rest than I would usually give myself. I laughed and asked him how exactly I was suppose to do that with 4 kids and no husband. He told me to do my best.


Oh, and about my "Frustrated and Venting" post, "they" waited until 1 hour before the deadline, but we were at the emergency room, so we didn't get that call. When Chad called later and talked to them about it, we got, "oh, we'll just have to do it next week" GRRRRRRRR, we can't do it next week!!................now we'll have to wait until Easter! I wonder if they can get it done by then????? Stupid People!

I need to go visit my other blog now.................things are getting very negative around here!

3 Comments:

Your favorite sister said...

You know I asked Ben if he had seen you guys in the foyer or something b/c Vance was on the program. But he said that it was scheduled for 4. But check out my email I sent you, it was a great day to miss!

Cindy said...

I know he was on the program, I remembered that THIS morning ;{ He had his talk ready and everything, but I totally spaced it.

Unknown said...

Are you typing this from bed??? Get better soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...