***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, March 24, 2006

Reading


ReadingA couple of weeks ago, McKaylie came home and read me a book from school. She's been learning her sight words and sounds, but it was like it all came together for her that day.Light Bulb It was like she finally understood why she had been learning all those things and she knew what to do with it. She reads to me all the time now. She's still just learning and needs help, but I am completely impressed at how quickly she picked it up. It seems like she went from sounds to reading over night. She's very smart and remembers things really well. (I may be a little bias) Her list of sight words that she knows has probably tripled since she read me that first book. It's fun to watch her, and all my kids, learn new things. It's like a whole new world has been opened up to her, because she can read now. I love that. Books





0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...