***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Nutmeg's a little Nuts!

Chad takes Myshel to seminary around 6AM and that's when I start my day, too. From the moment my feet touch the floor, Nutmeg is by my side. She'll follow me wherever I go throughout the house. When I go into the bathroom, she'll sit outside the door and scratch at it until I come out. If I sit down, she sits on my lap. You might think that it's because she loves me so much, but it's not. She's afraid I'm going to leave her when I go to get Myshel from seminary at 6:50AM. When I go out to warm up the car and leave her in the house, she runs upstairs to Vance's bedroom window and watches me until I come back in. She promptly meets me at the door and again is my shadow. When I tell her it's time to go, she'll run to the closet where we keep her leash and sit, her tail wagging, barely able to contain her excitement. Once you put on her leash and she hears it click shut, she's on her feet again and heading for the door. It's rather pathetic

Once we get in the car she settles down. Once we're there, though, she'll pace until I move my seat back and let her sit on my lap. Then she'll sit there and watch the church window and the the door and back to the window until Myshel comes out. Once Myshe is in the car she jumps over to her and covers her in all kinds of kisses and calmly sits down on her lap.

Once we get home
, she runs off and does her thing and my shadow is gone until the next day.

(I don't know why my blog started underlining some things and not others, but it's very, very annoying!!!!! Is that because of Firefox???)



3 Comments:

Laurie said...

Dogs are so funny! When my little one's get bigger and not so cute, I'm gettin' a dog! Very Cute!

Maine Mom said...

That's cute that Nutmeg looks forward to this ride to get Myshel and then is content for the rest of the day. Does the weekend throw Nutmeg off?

Cindy said...

The weekend does seem to throw her off. Maybe it's because she knows Myshel is still here, I don't know.
And,if Chad can't drop off Myshel and I have to, she'll go along to drop her off and then doesn't care if she goes back to pick her up. I guess she just wants that one trip in the morning. She's goofy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...