***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, February 1, 2008

A Little of This, A Little of That.....

Well, for starters, I haven't decided about Firefox and Internet Explorer. There are things that I like about both of them and things that I don't like.... Like this underlining thing that has started since I started using Firefox. I'll probably keep both and use both them for different things. Thanks for your comments!

Santa finally broke down this last Christmas and brought the kids a Play Station 2. We haven't had any of those games in our house before, because I don't think they're necessary and they distract kids from doing what is more important. And some of the games!!!!! WoW!!! In short, I think they can be a waste of time. Why did we get it then, you're asking???? I'm not sure I have an answer for that.

But since having it, I've learned that even a 5 year old can learn how to pick out a rifle and hunt polar bears, jump a motorcycle with style, find all the dragon eggs for Arthur and the Invisibles, and get Sully through the Scare Factory to name just a few. I've also found that the PS2 can be a great bargaining chip. They seem to really want to play it, so they're willing to do a little extra for it, sort of thing.

On the other hand, I'll had to listen to a few "just let me finish this part in the game first", a few "he's been on there longer than I was", a few "it's MY turn", and a whole lot of "please, let me play, mom, please". I can't say that I don't enjoy some of it. It's hilarious to watch the little ones play, because they move all over like they're there in the game. I've played a few times myself, but I don't feel a need to be on it, either. I guess as time goes by we'll see how things go with it.

I am finally feeling a little more organized at home. I managed to get my sister some of the pages I edited for her website sent, not as many as I'd hoped, but it's a start. I have several other small projects I'm trying to finish up, too. My house doesn't seem to be falling apart too badly either. It seems that every time I put my attention on one project, even for a little while, everything else explodes.....like if you clean the kitchen and it looks great and you go into the living room and it looks like a hurricane hit it......yeah, I haven't gotten to that point, yet.....knock on wood!

I feel like I have about a hundred errands to run today, things I've been putting off all week and here I am on the computer. My originally logic was.......I'm already on the computer taking care of stuff that had to get done and finishing a few other things, so, I mine as well update my blog........unfortunately it always takes longer to update my blog than I think it will, probably because I don't ever just update my blog!

Tonight McKaylie has a sleep-over at a friend's house, and Vance is having one of his friends over after school to play PS2 and have pizza. (I actually feel kind of good about Vance's friend coming over. He has such an awesome mom, who I know can be very picky about what her kids do and where they go. So, I feel pretty happy that she's comfortable with her son coming over to hang out at our house) Tomorrow, I have a visiting teaching conference, President Hinckley's funeral and a trip to the store(s) to fulfill a promise that I'll post about next week.

So, I think I'll stop rambling and tell you all to have a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Maine Mom said...

I bet the kids had a great Christmas getting a Play Station 2! I can see you being on top of what games are bought to play and setting time limits. The whining and fighting is inevitable I think with any combined toy!

I'm glad to know I'm not the only picky mom. I feel a bit too strict at times, but society's way of thinking is often A LOT different than mine.

Have a great weekend!

Laurie said...

My kids only have a PS2 also. We got it last year for Christmas and they still love it. I'm not into the games at all, but my husband is and he would rather play then watch TV so I like that because the TV bugs me worse than the PS2. Also, I agree. It is a great bargaining tool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...