***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, July 30, 2007

The Sweetest of Sweet......................

Last Wednesday night we took the kids to their church activities, ran some errands and then came back to the church and waited in the car for them to finish. I was looking/feeling pretty grubby at the time. I had been busy all day and didn't have time to change or shower before we ran into town. I figured that since I wasn't getting out of the van it really didn't matter. So, when one of Myshel's young women's leaders came running over to the car to talk to me, I was more than a little self-conscious. She introduced herself to me and told me that she was so excited to have Myshel in YW's and that she thought that Myshel was just beautiful and so much fun (which I agree with, but I'm a little bias). She was extremely sweet and I thought that was so nice of her to go out of her way to say such sweet things about my daughter. I almost forgot that I hadn't showered that day.......................

On Sunday the same lady spoke briefly in Relief Society. After the meetings I went and told her how much I appreciated and enjoyed her comments. She said thank you, and then said, Cindy, you are just so beautiful. She continued telling me that when she first saw Myshel she thought that she was stunning and when she met me on Wednesday night she knew right away where Myshel got her beautiful looks. She told me that Myshel looked just like me and that we were both so beautiful. She was completely genuine when she said it and I knew it came from her heart. I hardly knew what to say. I fumbled out a thank you, agreed with her that Myshel was a beautiful girl and told her that I wished I felt the same way about myself. She smiled and then we were interrupted by our kids. What a wonderful person to go out of her way to make me feel good about myself. I left church in a rather good mood.



(A little note for my look-a-like in Norfolk: Later, I told Myshel about what her leader had said about the two of us and Myshel got really quiet. She looked up at me, her eyes full of tears and told me that she(her leader) reminded her of Candy. I said, "yeah, she does have that sweet quality, doesn't she", and we both cried a little.--we love you and miss you)

3 Comments:

Phae-Jae said...

I love good genuine people, like that!

She is a beauty!

Unknown said...

That IS sweet...and I agree with her. :-)

Laurie said...

Hi Cindy, I stumbled onto your blog by accident a couple of weeks ago but I have to let you know that I love your blog and I think your children are so beautiful. I admire your husbands work and your commitment to helping him serve. My husband works in law enforcement and I think that his work is hard on our family but it's nothing compared to the sacrifices that your family makes. You are very inspiring to me. Thank you for being so good! I am also an LDS mom and I love reading about your family and knowing that we are all working towards the same goals no matter where we live. I always feel so uplifted when I visit your blog. I hope you don't mind if I drop by every now and then.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...