***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Here We Go Again..............


Chad went back to work yesterday---On one hand that's not a good thing. I enjoy having Chad around all the time. I know a lot of women feel like their husbands just kind of get in the way after awhile and they don't know what to do with them, but I've never really felt that way. Chad and I have both said that if he could work from home that would be ideal. These last 6 weeks have been really nice and I'm just not ready for him to be gone during the day yet, of course, I'd never be ready. It's also bad because while on leave we haven't had to deal with too many "navy" things. When he goes back to work all that "stuff" will come flooding back into our lives.

On the other hand, though----it is a good thing. He has to go back to work, that's reality. And although it's been wonderful for us just being able to hang out with out, we also need to get back to some reality. We also need to get back into a more regular schedule, especially since we'll be moving again in about 3 weeks and the kids will start school shortly after that.

Last week we were offered housing---that's a good thing. It saves us money, actually a lot of money. The kids won't have to change schools in the middle of the school year AND we'll be in town and out of the woods (Myshel is the only one of my kids that's particularly happy about that one)

But that means--------
* I have to arrange another move (the second in 2 months) pretty much on my own............
*That's I'll have to register my kids in 3 different schools and fill out all that paperwork.
*I'll have to fill out the paperwork for our medical insurance, pick doctors and have the kid's shot records confirmed.
*I'll have to call auto insurance, and rental insurance and have it changed again...........not to mention the phone (which is a completely different company), and TV.
*I'll have to memorize a new address (the zip codes always get me).............a new phone number ................notify friends and family of these and change them in my handheld and cell phones again!
*I'll have to get ready for movers, pack what I want with me, unpack everything again. (actually I didn't unpack everything when we moved into this house, but still, you get thing picture)

BUT
*I'll be in town
*We'll feel more settled now that we know we won't be moving "sometime" in the next 6-9 months
*I can unpack all my pictures and nick-nacks that I didn't unpack here
*There's no snakes and frogs(at least not as many)
*We'll have great memories of our "summer" home
*Myshel and Vance will be within walking distance of their schools
*The commissary's just down the street
*And I'll have a whole lot more money in my pocket!

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...