***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Nuts Aren't Falling Too Far From The Tree........

This morning I ended up with McKaylie and Noah in bed with me. McKaylie will come in sometimes when she's had a bad dream, but I don't know what brought her in early this morning. Shortly after she came and got in bed with Noah and I she went back to sleep, and so did I. However, shortly after that she woke up hollering like she was scared and telling me that there was a spider in the bed and that it was crawling on Noah's back. I looked around a little, but I was sure she was just dreaming more than anything. I got her to calm down and lay back down. She then told me that it was really scary and she first saw it crawling on my pillow and then it crawled on Noah. I told her I didn't think it was real, but she decided to go back to her own bed anyway.

I laughed a little and remembered a time that Chad told me about. He was back in high school and had woken up and knew there was a spider in his bed (he doesn't like spiders) and he tore his whole bed apart looking for this spider and then realized that he had probably dreamed it.

Chad is a sleep walker/talker. The stories go way back about Chad walking/talking in his sleep. I have crazy stories about his sleep walking/talking and so does his parents. He doesn't walk in his sleep very often now, but he will talk in his sleep. Over the past few years I've noticed with all my children, that they've all taken on this trait, not to the same level as Chad did, but they all do it. So far, Myshel is probably the worst about it. I wonder if that's because she's older and the others will follow suit. Anyway, I get a laugh out of it, most of the time, and it's proof that the nuts don't fall far from the tree, at least their father's tree!

3 Comments:

Life ticks on said...

Just out of curiosity how does he deal with the sleep walking talking in the navy. My hubby is too and I was and I knew my fair share of them ones who did that but lots got kicked out of the navy for doing stuff in their sleep they werent supposed to. And then their was the several that got pushed under the carpet but everyone knew and laughed about anyways.

Anyways I know what you mean... my hubby can carry on a convo with you in his sleep and the kids are now demonstrating this too LOL!

Cindy said...

I have absolutely no idea how he managed that. It's actually never been a problem since he's joined the navy. He doesn't usually "walk" anymore, mostly just talks. But my husband is usually very easy to wake up, too, so he could have walked in his sleep and some one woke him up and didn't even realize he was asleep. I've never really worried about it that much. He does reassure me that there are a lot of people he would pass that would probably wake him up. So he wouldn't get to far. I know there are lots of guys who have been kicked out because of it. If it's a real problem you can't even join the navy if you sleep walk.

dawnae said...

Hi Cindy, it is funny I actually was reading your blog the other day, and then found out you were reading mine. That is really cool! My husband is actually in Wyoming near Rock Springs today for work.

I woke up at 2:00am with my 2 1/2 year old opening my door, and climbing into bed with me. Apparently she had a very bad dream about "something" stealing her teddy bear. I have such a hard time sleeping with a toddler....but oh well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...