***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Happy Birthday, Vance!

Today is Vance's 12th Birthday!
I can hardly believe that it's been 12 years since he was born. I just don't even know where to start when it comes to Vance. He is a sweetheart, a peacemaker, a laugh, and all boy! He was such a mama's boy when he was little, mostly because his dad was gone so much then, I think. But I loved it. He was my buddy. He loved to be with me and he still does. My sister told me that I should appreciate him being a mama's boy, because it wouldn't last and I'm so glad that I took her advice. I tried to cherish every moment with him as my shadow. He did outgrow being a mama's boy, but he shows me everyday how much he loves me. Now he's 12 and he'll be recieving the priesthood and taking on new responsiblities. I am so grateful that I have those sweet moments to look back on and I didn't take them for granted. He's very special and I think that the Lord has big plans for him. I feel very blessed to be his mother and I'm grateful for today, his birthday, when we can celebrate him and the blessing he is to our lives. Happy Birthday Vance! We love you!

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Vance is 12 already??? Wow! Happy Birthday, Vance, and Happy Mother's Day to you, Cindy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...