***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Family Home Evening

We were having family home evening last night. It was kind of impromtu because Noah was suppose to do the lesson and I forgot to get something prepared, plus, we were running behind last night. For our treat we were having some little candies, so I decided to combine the treats and lesson. I had the kids sit in a circle and I gave them 4 bunnies (that was the candy) to start with. I gave them certain rules that they had to obey while we were playing. If they broke one of the rules they lost a bunny. I went around the circle and asked each of them a question that was related to them specifically. For each question they answered, they got a bunny or two. They were doing great and we were having fun. They lost some bunnies here and there, but for the most part were gaining bunnies. Noah's questions were quite simple and toward the end I was getting a little hard up for questions for him. So, for his last question, I asked, "Noah, why is it important that you sleep in your own bed at night and not mine?" Kind of a goofy question, and I don't really know what I was expecting or hoping for. I think I just wanted him to think about it and that maybe there are reasons to stay in his own bed, but this was his answer, "I don't know!" I just laughed. I said, "you have your own bed to sleep in, that's just for you." His answer, "but yours is just so comfy!". I told him that I should take a bunny for that!

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Eleanor has discovered how comfy my bed is, too!

Janae said...

I really think this sounds like a fun family night activity. Thanks for the idea, I will use this one:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...