***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, October 23, 2006

Rambling................

Today I got into a conversation with a certain someone that just made me want to scream! I think that it might be because I'm on my last nerve with this deployment any way, but she sure wasn't helping that little nerve last longer! I won't get into the details of the conversation. It was more the attitude behind it anyway. She's one of those people that thinks she is never wrong, but in reality is rarely right on about much. She complains a lot and likes the attention it gets her. I could just go on and on. Now, I'm not writing about this to bash on her, really I'm not, because really the problem is mine. The conversation was of no importance to me. It wasn't a life changing topic. It wasn't even something that involved me directly. And to be down right honest, it wasn't even something that I really cared that much about. It was just a conversation. An irritating, frustrating, stupid conversation. Normally I can just put those kinds of conversations aside and not let them get to me, but today I let her get to me. I let her irritate and aggrevate and basically manipulate my whole afternoon. I let this one stupid conversation fester in my little head for a good part of the day! And not so much what the conversation was about, but more that she was wrong and she didn't know what she was talking about and she makes me crazy, kind of thing. When I finally sat down and told myself that enough was enough, I realized that I was only punished myself by hashing over this conversation all afternoon. I doubt that she thought twice about it. I let a nothing conversation affect my day. It's crazy how we let other people have so much control over us. And when it came right down to it, I knew right when that conversation started that I'd be irritated by the time it was over, so basically, I allowed it to happen and that's just stupid. So, you can all learn from my mistake.........................Don't talk to irritating people----no, that wasn't it...........................Run the other way when you see___________coming-----no, that's really not very nice..........................Pretend you don't notice them----still not the nicest thing, when you're the only 2 in the hall............................. Ok, ok, I got it, don't let other people control my thoughts/moods/attitude. It's so not worth wasting my time over............................. I'm done rambling now..........................carry on!

3 Comments:

Kids Cooking Activities said...

Thanks for letting me use the picture you can check it out and see how you like it! It is under the seasonal cooking pages pumpkin recipes...
http://www.kids-cooking-activities.com/
pumpkin-recipes.html


I'm ready for more pictures now!=}

Your favorite sister said...

Personally, I would do the "don't talk to___________" but that is just how I am. She drives me crazy too. Her whole attitude stinks and she brings people down with her. So it isn't just you. Good for you for not punching her! :)

Unknown said...

If it were possible, I would pretend not to see her, but if you're the only two in the hall, well, that's probably not going to happen...unfortunately. It's sad how some people are just plain negative, about everything! I would have been affected by this conversation as well, it's hard not to let it bother you.
BTW...I love your FHE chart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...