***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, October 6, 2006

Noah Update #2


Ok, Noah had his speech evaluation yesterday. I don't think that I learned anything too new. They just kind of put into words what I was already seeing/hearing. They did however recommend that we get him a formal hearing test with an audiologist. It's not that he can't hear, it's more that we're not sure if he's hearing certain sounds the way he should be. Once we get our insurance's approval (gotta love the red tape) he'll start his speech therapy every week. His hearing test is scheduled for November. We also need to go through the school system here so that they can evaluate him also, and then they'll provide him some speech therapy, too. They did tell me that his language skills were great, though. So he understands everything that's being said to him and asked of him, it's just that you can't understand what he's saying because he drops sounds either at the beginning of words or at the end of words.
And today his ENT called me back and after listening to his sleep tape, he recommends having his tonsils and adenoids removed. His surgical nurse will be calling me next week to set it all up. Even though I know that this is the best for him and that it will help him soooo much, it's hard for me. That's my baby..........being scheduled for his second surgery...........they're outpatient..............they're "minor"................. but it's still surgery.................... it's still general anesthesia.................... it's still scary.

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...