***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, October 9, 2006

Flowers in October

I remembered the other day that I had posted a picture of my day lillies this spring, but that I haven't posted any pictures of my flower bed since then. So I took a picture of it to post. It's actually done amazingly well, considering I've had a very lackadaisical attitude about it this summer. The zinnias are probably my favorite, although I do love the little purple flowers. They look a lot like pansies, but that's not what they are. We should still have at least a few more weeks to enjoy them.
Every day Noah and I walk McKaylie to school. On our way home I ask him which way to go to get home. When we turn the last corner I always ask him which house is ours. His answer is always, "right there, the one with the flowers". It will be interesting what he'll say when they're gone. I think he enjoys the flowers, too, because that's where "home" is.

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...