***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, May 26, 2006

Summer's coming.................

While I was driving the kids homeFamily Road Trip from their church activities last night, I was listening to them talk about some of the things going on at school and I realized something. Something, that made me a little nervous! My kids only have 2 full weeks of school left. (I know that some of your kids are already done, or close to it) They'll actually be going to school for 3 more weeks, but here in Norfolk, the last week of school is all half days. In fact, the last day of school is only 2 hours long, just long enough for them to pick up their report cards. School's Out

One of my bigger fears about this deployment was that it went through the summer. Of all the deployments we've done, none of them have every gone through the summer. I liked having them go through the school year. It gave me more structure. Things were on more of a schedule because of school. They had to be. I'm not usually a big "schedule" person, but I really appreciate it when Chad is gone. It also helped keep us busy, we had school, and homework and school activities, etc. That helped the time go by faster. But during the summer ............there's not so much of that.............I'll have them home with me all day, every day, for 2 1/2 months! Don't get me wrong, I love my children and I love having them around, but even too much of a good thing, is too much! We do have activities planned throughout the summer, but it's still a daunting task for me to think about...........trying to keep 4 kids, ages 13 1/2 to 3 1/2 entertained everyday by myself. Yikes! BUT, trying to see the brighter side of the picture.................when summer's over and my kids go back to school, we'll be more than half way through this deployment! Now if we can only get through the summer.................in one piece.....................
Scared 2



(I've said this before many, many times, but I'll say again here. I have the upmost respect for single mothers. At least I know that for me, this will be over in 6-7 months. I don't have to keep doing this with no end in sight and they do. They also have to provide for their children, which means they're probably working another job or two. I don't have to do that, either. They have my complete respect and admiration!)Bravo





0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...