***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, May 22, 2006

Mixed Nuts

My wonderful friend Marie had this story on her blog. I just had to share it again, here. It's a good reminder for all of us. I put in what some of my cashews are. I'd love to hear about some of yours....................
Peanuts
"I read a lot of people's blogs. There is a lady whose blog I read who is an amazing scrapbooker, she's LDS and her husband is over in Iraq. So I love to look at her stuff. Anyway, the other day she was sharing a story that she had heard at stake conference. So I am going to give a short version..."

"There was a little boy who loved cashews. His Mom bought him a can of mixed nuts but told him that he couldn't eat just the cashews ( Darla!) that he had to eat the whole can, not just the ones he liked. He ate the can and a few days later his Mom bought him a can of just cashews. He started eating them and after a short time he stopped. When his Mom questioned why he didn't eat them he responded, " well without the bad ones, the cashews don't taste as sweet." The speaker compared this to our lives...how all we want is the sweet stuff in life but without the bad stuff....maybe the sweet isn't that great. "

"I was thinking about my life and I know I complain- alot. I just thought this was a good reminder. Here are a few of my cashews..."

{These are some of mine (Cindy's) if you want to read Marie's click on her name above}

The gospel--I don't know how I'd live my life or teach my children with out it
Chad--absolutely, one of my sweetest cashews
Myshel, Vance, McKaylie, Noah--they can sometimes be the "other" nuts, but my life wouldn't be complete with out these cashews
All my other family--their love and prayers give me strength when mine is gone
Friends--I have some amazing friends who do great things for me without even knowing it
Prayer--I couldn't even get through the day without it
E-mail--I don't know how I ever got through a deployment without it
Crafts/scrapbooking--it gives my mind and hands something to do when it's quiet
Automatic dishwasher--I hate washing dishes by hand
Vacuum--it just sucks up all those crumbs and mess just like that!
School--I'm just one of those people who can really appreciate their children leaving my house and going to school
Phone--because I live so far away from so many people who are so important to me.
My Palm Pilot--I don't know how I ever kept track of all that info without it!
Having older children--they are such a huge help with the younger ones






0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...