***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Mother's Day to Me

Mother's Day Basket The fun thing about being a mom is that you never get to stop being a mom, not even on Mother's Day. I spent mother's doing exactly that, being a mom...........to a fevered sick little girl....................Mckaylie. I let her lay in my lap while I read her stories. Gave her lots of love and kisses, trying to help her feel better. She's even been sleeping on the end of my bed for the last two nights.
Mom And Kids
I took her to the doctor today. She has strep. Isn't that the perfect irony, to spend your mother's day loving and caring for your child only to find out the next day that she's probably been infecting you with her streptococcus germs the whole time. Mom It's ok, though, because I'm sure that I speak for all the mothers out there, that even if I'd known she had strep I still would have held her while I read to her and gave her hugs and kisses, because that's what we do as moms. We love our children through the good and the bad, even if that means we suffer for it later!

But, man I hope I don't get it!I Dunno





1 Comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you don't get it too! I agree with you though, I would have done the same thing.
I received your e-mail, but sometimes my e-mail gets an attitude and it only lets me reply or forward when it feels like it, so be patient to receive it back :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...