***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Teenagers.....


You know, it's been awhile since I was a teenager, but I do remember being overly dramatic at times. I do remember not wanting to listen to my parents and I do remember being moody. But I think Myshel has taken it to an all new extreme! Of course, she's always been dramatic, but it's taken on a whole new level. I always listened to parents of teenagers and thought wow could it really be all that bad......"aren't you exaggerating a little bit"..........."how could your loving little girl or boy turn into something so different"........"could they really be that moody, all the time".........."I just don't think my kids will be that way". But, I've come to find out that those thoughts are from a very inexperienced person. It's like before you have kids and you watch someone with kids and you think to yourself......"my kids will never act that way".............or, "I would never do that to my kid"..........or, "my child will never get away with that"........and then you have your own kids and you laugh at yourself for ever thinking that way. Well, I've come to find out it's no different with a teenager. All those silly thoughts are all daily life at our house. One minute we have the sweetest kindest girl in the world and then something takes over and she's the scariest, loudest, most self-centered girl, but give it 5 minutes, because she'll be back to the sweet girl, or maybe the girl that's completely indifferent to everything around her, then again it may be the little giggly girl that you once knew, or possibly just the grumpy girl who wants you to leave her alone. You never know what you'll get from minute to minute, let alone day to day. I have to say, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. On the other hand, I love my girls and scary or not, I wouldn't change a minute with them. Oh, and just for the record......... I've had lots, I mean lots, of people tell me they'd rather raise boys that girls, because girls are so much harder, but you know what, boys are just a whole other can of worms..................

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...