***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

USS Ponce Homecoming

I tried to post these the other day and I couldn't get them to load -always so frustrating.Chad's ship came back to Virginia on May 16th after an 8 1/2 month deployment and I was there to meet him. I'm so glad I was able to be there. Chad ship is much smaller than the ones he's been on in the past so this was by far the smallest homecoming I've been to (less than 1,000 people compared to 10,000) but it was no less exciting.
Here's the first good look at the ship coming in and when all the emotions and tears come...... Making it's way to the pier slowly (but not as slow as the carriers which was nice!) There were lots of flags waving in the crowd. It was hard not to catch them in my pictures, but I love the way some of them turned out. Closer still . . . . . . . Ahhhh, Pierside! After the ships are tied off and the tugboats can leave, they always blow their horns in celebration. In my 17 years with the navy, I don't think I've ever enjoyed hearing that horn more! It's been a long cruise.

2 Comments:

Kids Cooking Activities said...

Yea, sounds like an emotional and glorious ceremony & reunion

gramjo said...

We loved the pictures of the ship coming home; made me cry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...