***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It Was Just A Matter Of Time.....


I know it may come as a shock to some, but until just recently I hadn't read the Twilight Saga. I heard all about it from Myshel and many other friends. I knew what they were about, what the story line was from beginning to end....Myshel was very thorough when relaying it to me as she read.....I'd seen the movie..... I didn't have a huge desire to read them, though. Maybe it was because I knew what would happen, I don't know....... But, I decided after Chad read them, that I would read them too. I started on a Thursday morning and I finished 8 days later----the entire saga read----all four books----2,444 pages. (It helped that I was sick part of the week and could just lay around for a good part of the day and do nothing but read.)

And, of course, I loved it, loved them! After I finished, I went back through the books and reread different parts and then reread some more. I am impressed at how these books just draw you in and there's so much to relate to on so many different levels. I think I knew I'd love them, maybe that's why I waited so long to read them, I didn't want to be a Twi-Mom!(ha-ha) I teased Myshel about them for a long time, so now, I have to eat humble pie and admit that they are great and I love them AND I am soooo an Edward fan! So, come November 20th, I'll probably be waiting in line at the movie theater, at midnight, with Myshel and a thousand other women, to get into the first showing of New Moon! Because now, I am totally addicted to Twilight!



2 Comments:

Kids Cooking Activities said...

Interesting, after reading them I wasn't wowed by it. I couldn't quite grasp the concept of Edward being "beautiful" and really who would fall in love with a vampire. But I'm one of a minority it seems. I'm reading her other book Host and it is even more far fetching strange!

Life Ticks On said...

I was the same as you. Only I got the twilight bug last summer. So I took one of my daughters to the midnight sale of BD. She had a blast and I can tell you there were just as many adults as there were teens and preteens there that night and a lot had NO children with them. We are already planning on going to the New Moon Premiere at Midnight with a friend who has two teen girls too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...