***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Oh Noah!

When Chad was gone, Noah came to me very upset and told me that McKaylie told him that he couldn't marry me. He asked me if he could. I told him that we could only be married to one person and that I was already married to Daddy. He didn't say anything and left. When Chad got home Noah asked him if he would give me up so that he could marry me! Chad smiled and gave him a hug and told him, "no way". Noah shrugged and said he'd just marry Nutmeg. I guess I should be happy that I was the first choice!
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Last night we decided it was time to cut Noah's hair. He's not a fan of getting his haircut, but through a lot, I mean, a LOT of bribery, we got him to sit for his haircut. He was great, so Idecided to take advantage of his cooperation and cute it really short. It looks good, but Noah hated it. He cried and cried after I finished and went running to him room. Chad went to talk to him and told me later that he was crying on his bed and inbetween sobs was saying that he wanted his hair back! I felt bad, but he seems ok with the hair cut today.
*
*
This morning was another "Read with Me" day at Noah's school. We read a book about a little boy that wanted a doll. It was a cute book and had a good message to it, but Noah didn't really like it. Afterward, for the craft they had us make little sock dolls. Noah liked stuffing the sock and tying it off and seemed happy to draw the face on it, but he drew a sad face on it.After the kids were done making their dolls they went and played with them. Some put them in little beds and pretended to put them to sleep. Some of the kids gave their dolls a name (one was named Rudolph--too funny!) Some of the little boys were fighting with them, like they were swords, but they were all playing with the dolls. Noah, on the other hand, gave me his doll and told me I could take it home. I asked him if he was sure he didn't want to play with it and he said, "yeah, I'm sure".
Oh Noah, you crack me up!

1 Comment:

Maine Mom said...

I like Noah's haircut. I've learned with Zach to cut his hair as short as possible so we can go longer between haircuts. I'm glad Noah is getting used to his hair now. Poor guy!

I think if Zach made a doll he would love to play with it, which would drive Matt nuts! Matt would be proud of Noah. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...