***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, May 11, 2009

So Much For My Nice Walk.......

I went for my walk this morning and decided to take Vanilla with me. I usually only take one dog (if any) and it's usually Vanilla. She's very well behaved on the leash. We were having a nice little walk and ended up by the high school. It's not far from where we live at all. I started to hear something over my Ipod and realized that it was the high school's marching band. Cool, right? Well, Vanilla didn't think so. Before I could even realize what she was doing, she had her head out of her collar and took off running, across the street, across the football field, into the trees, which was definitely not the way we came. She didn't even look back once....Not cool.

All I could think was "oh crap". I didn't know how I was going to find her or even if she'd come to me when I did. I headed for home, looking for her, calling for her and nothing. I decided to go home and call Chad and see if he could come help look for her. I even thought about how upset the kids were going to be if I didn't find her before they got home. I went the way she had gone, hoping that she'd slowed down somewhere and I'd find her. When I got through the trees I heard her bark, but I couldn't tell where it was coming from. At least she was close, right?! I kept heading for home. I turned the corner on my street and there she was pacing on my doorstep. She ran home! As I got closer to the house, she ran around to the back yard and was trying to find a way through the fence into the yard. She came right to me when I called her. I think when I heard her barking earlier, she was barking at the door for someone to let her in.

I was impressed that she found her way back to the house even though we never walk by the way she ran home. Apparently, she ran straight home and waited for me. The band probably scared her and she was relieved when I came and got her. I'm relieved that I'm not still out there looking around for a little corgi-dog and that that little corgi-dog is in one piece sleeping at my feet right now!


0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...