***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, April 2, 2009

To Pierce or Not To Pierce?

A couple of years ago when we were in the mall, McKaylie almost got her ears pierced. She put a stop to it, when it was time for her to sit in the chair. She was very adamant about not getting them pierced from then on. I never really understood why she was so afraid, because she's had plenty of shots, not to mention all the dental work (and shots) that she's had done. We've had fun teasing her about it, though and her answer was always, "I'm NOT getting my ears pierced!!!!" in a near frantic tone.

So, you can image my surprise when she came to me about a week and half ago and told me that she wanted to get them pierced! She said that she'd been thinking about it and she just didn't think it could be any worse than the shots she gets at the dentist or doctor. (Hmmmmm I believe I've heard that somewhere before.......oh yeah, when I told her that!!!) Well, I let her think on it for a little while and since I needed to go to Portland yesterday, I decided that if she still wanted to get them done, I would take her out of school and bring her with me.

It was a fun afternoon. Chad ended up coming with us, too. I think McKaylie really enjoyed being an "only" child, even if it was only for half a day! She was soo brave, too. She hopped up there and barely flinched when they did it. I was so proud of her and I think she was really proud of herself, too. When she got home she surprised Myshel with them and like the great big sister that Myshel is, she oooo'd and ahhh'd over them and told her how beautiful they were, which made McKaylie feel even better! Here she is, pierced ears and all!



1 Comment:

Kids Cooking Activities said...

I told Keeley when she is 12 she could get them. HAA! That was just to stall but she still comments I can't wait until I'm 12. SIGH!

I'm glad it didn't hurt I still remember vividly that mine hurt although you and Leslie promised it wouldn't.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...