***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Sweet Boy....

Last week Noah came to me and was very concerned about something. He told me that Myshel and Vance talk about getting bigger and moving out of this house and away from mom and dad. He looked so sad and he asked, "Do I have to leave you, even when I'm big?" I gave him a big hug and a kiss and I told him that he didn't ever have to leave me, that he could stay here as long as he wanted. He seemed very relieved and went off to play. After he left, I looked at Chad and told him to remind me that I said that......when Noah's 30 and won't move out!


A few nights ago we were all eating dinner and Myshel made the statement that I would be so sad and lonely when all my children had grown up and moved away. Before she could finish Noah was in tears and clearly upset. He looked at me with his tear filled eyes and said, "I thought you said that I didn't ever have to leave? I don't want to leave you, not even when I'm big!" I told him again that he didn't have to leave, not even when he was all grown up. He calmed down and went back to eating his dinner. Then Chad leaned over and whispered, "When Noah's 30 and has a family of his own, I'll remind you about how upset he was at the thought of having to leave you."

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet. I hope he does eventually decide to go off on his own. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...