***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, September 18, 2008

She Makes a Mother Proud!

McKaylie and Noah ride the bus together. Before school stated we sat down and talked with McKaylie about how she needs to set a good example for Noah on the bus and show him the right way to sit and behave while they're on the bus. We also asked her to look out for him and help him feel comfortable on the bus and at school. She didn't say much about it and we wondered if she was really listened at all.

I always go and wait with them for the bus in the morning. The other day while they were waiting in line, another kid pushed Noah out of the line and he had to get in line at the very end. I watched as he got on the bus and McKaylie grabbed him and had him sit with her. McKaylie told me that afternoon that when she got on the bus that morning and turned around that Noah wasn't behind her. I explained to her what had happened.

The next moring we went out and waited for the bus and when it came the kids all got in line, but after the bus stopped and everyone started to get on, McKaylie turned around and took Noah's hand and held it until they were in their seats. It really touched my heart to see her look out for him and help him.

Noah's teachers have also told me that McKaylie walks him to his class each morning before going on to her class. We never asked her to do that and I know it's a little quicker to go straight to her own classroom. So, she goes out of her way to help him get started each day. She might not realize how much her little gestures mean, but I know that it helps Noah feel a little more confident that she is by his side. I am soo proud of her for helping him and showing him kindness each morning. I love it when I see my kids showing love for each other. It gives me hope that maybe I've managed to teach them something good!

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

That is very sweet of McKaylie to look after Noah like that.

You had quite a morning yesterday! I'm glad all the keys were found. :-)

Kids Cooking Activities said...

Wow, that really touched me. What great memories for Noah.
That reminds me of Hyrum one day telling me he didn't see Keeley get off the bus that morning "so I was worried about her all day." That means a lot coming from him.
I didn't think he listened to me either.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...