***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Keys. Keys...Who's Got the Keys?

I woke up this morning and everyone was still asleep. Well, except for Chad and Myshel. He had already taken her to seminary like he usually does. It was nice and quiet and I was hoping that they would all stay asleep until after I left to pick up Myshel. I enjoyed eating my cereal with no one around to harass me and read the Ensign while I ate. It was a nice relaxing start to the day. When it was time to pick up Myshel I gather up my purse and reached for the car keys. They weren't on their hook!!! I always put them back on the hook! I thought that maybe I had left them in my purse. Nope, they weren't there either. I looked and looked but couldn't find them anywhere. I was really getting frustrated. The seminary teacher has to get her own kids to school and then go to work, so, she can't wait around to make sure that everyone gets picked up. The kids just have to sit at the church until their ride comes and gets them. So, I knew that Myshel would be waiting/wondering what was up if I didn't find the keys soon. I considered waking Noah up and asking him if he knew where they were, because he really likes to play around with the keys. I decided to call Chad first. This is the conversation....

Me: "Chad, do you know where my keys are?"
Chad: "ummmm, I have your keys?"
He took my keys and didn't tell me!!!!???!!!!
Me-trying hard not to explode: "What? Why? Where are your keys?"
Chad: "I don't know where my keys are. I couldn't find them, so I just took yours and figured you could find mine." (It's such a good thing that I love him, really it is!)
I couldn't say anything, I just mumbled some sort of a good bye and hung up.

I was so irritated at him. I couldn't believe he did that and didn't even tell me. I went and woke up Vance to help me look and woke up Noah. Noah was still half asleep and wouldn't give me an answer about whether he had the keys or not. We still couldn't find them. After about 10 minutes, I called Chad back.

Me: "You have to go get Myshel. She'll be sitting there waiting."
Chad: "Can't you call the church."
Me: "And tell her what? That we can't find the keys, she'll have to sit there and wait until we can find them even though we don't know how long that will be? She has to be at school in 1/2 hour."
Chad: "My class starts in 1/2 hour and I can't be late"
Me: "Then you'd better hurry!"

Not very sympathetic, am I? I was beyond frustrated. After Noah had been up for awhile I asked him if he knew where the keys were. He hemmed and hawed for awhile and then like a light bulb going off in his head, he ran to the bench , crawled under it and viola, he found the keys! Needless to say, he'll never be allowed to touch the keys again! Chad called and asked if we'd found them, apologized and told me he was just going to drop Myshel off and not come in, so that he could get back to the base in time for his class. I don't know if he made it not. It was probably close. I hope he did, though. So, much for a nice quiet start to the day!

1 Comment:

Life ticks on said...

gotta love the keys kids. My 2nd monkey always loses the keys. Then cant remember what she did with them. GRRR!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...