***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Baby......

I've called all my kid's "Baby", usually until the next baby came along. Which would explain why I still call Noah "Baby". Here's the conversation I had with Noah the other day.

Me: Whatcha doing, Baby?
Noah: Playing with my blocks.....You know, mom, I'm not a baby.
Me: I know, you're not a baby, but you'll always be my baby!
Noah: I know.
Me: I'll always call you "Baby".
Noah: I know.
Me: I'll even call you "Baby" when you're all grown up and have your own baby.
Noah: I know.
Me: You're ok with that?
Noah: Yeah, I like being your baby.
Me: I like you being my baby, too!
Then he gave me a big hug and a kiss and went back to building. I love those kind of moments!

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet!

Laurie said...

I love the book Love You Forever. I remind my kids often that they are never to big to be my babies and they seem to like to hear it. Cute Noah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...