***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Military ID Nonsense..........

I know this probably sounds silly, but the last time I had to get my military ID updated, I cried. I seriously cried. I waited until I got home, but I cried. The picture was just sooo bad and it was depressing. Now, I know they aren't great pictures to begin with. I mean, Chad's ID has looked like a mug shot every time he's had it taken. I guess I just hoped that it wouldn't be horrible, but it was. Chad tried to reassure me, but there was no hope of that. It was just a really, really bad picture and one that I would have to be showing all the time.
*
So, it was time to get it updated again. Actually I really should have had it updated a year ago, before we left Virginia, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I didn't have a choice now, though; it was about to expire. So, I gathered up all my self-esteem and talked Chad into coming with me and we headed to the ID office.
*
I don't know what you're suppose to do to make an ID look ok, I mean, I kind of like my driver's license picture, but I don't know what I did to make that one come out the way it did. So, I'm thinking....don't smile too big.........don't look grumpy........don't close your eyes...........think skinny????? where that came from, I don't know. It is a picture of your Head!!!! The guy is chit-chatting away with Chad. (I swear he knows everyone!!!!) And I'm thinking, "are you taking the picture, or what?" and then he takes the picture. OH, come on!!!!! Then he says, "welllll, that was my fault, let's try it again." So now I'm thinking, considering how back military IDs are, and he wants to retake it, it must have been BAD!!!! Great.....another ID picture that's going to make me go home and cry! He took another one, this time he gave me some warning and then he surprised me. He let me see it and asked if it was ok, or if I wanted to take it again! WOW, this is a small base! And actually the picture wasn't terrible, so I kept it. I walked out and was completely relieved that it was over. Stupid, huh! This ID is only good for a year, though, so in about 11 months, I'll be back again having a slight anxiety attack over a stupid picture!

2 Comments:

Maine Mom said...

I'm glad this ID experience was better than your last one and hopefully the next one will be good, too. That would be depressing to have to show a picture of yourself often that you hate!

Wow, this IS a big year for your family! The dating age scares me...because I know what I was like as a teenager. I'm glad we have group dating first!

Your favorite sister said...

I feel for you. Mine are always awful too. Although both times when it came to the weight, they said I could say whatever I wanted. I have never been this small in my life!:)

When we transfer back Harm has to get hers. I can not believe she will be old enough! One more thing for me to keep track of...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...