***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, April 14, 2008

McKaylie & Sparkle Lotion Don't Mix!

Yesterday after church McKaylie put some "sparkle" lotion on her face. She thought it looked so cute all sparkly on her cheeks. It did look cute, until her whole face broke out in a rash! She was one big splotchy mess. It was rather sad, not horrible, but sad and it itched! She was miserable. We washed her face, gave her some Benadryl and threw away the lotion.
*
It was looking much better by bedtime. When she got up this morning, it was looking even better than the night before, but not gone completely and there were a couple of little blisters on her cheek that she had accidentally scratched. I felt so bad for her. I talked with the nurse at the Ped's office and was assured that I was doing everything I should. She still looks splotchy and she cried and asked me not to send her to school. So, McKaylie's home with me today. She's roughing it right now, playing the PS2 and eating snacks. I think the Benadryl is making her drowsy, though, because her eyes are awfully heavy. There's no pictures to show. She insisted there be none taken! So, just imagine a cute little girl, with a blotchy red face and that would be McKaylie!

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Poor McKaylie! I'm glad her face is clearing up pretty quickly and she's able to have the day to heal some more before going to school. You are a very compassionate mother. :-)

Laurie said...

For enrichment I had to come up with some kid crafts one time. I found a recipe for homemade body glitter. We got Aloe Vera gel and glitter from the craft store. We mixed it and put it in little jars. When the aloe dries it's clear and their skin sparkles. Plus it's good for their skin. You could give it a try, maybe on her arm in case she does have a reaction. I'm glad she got a day off out of it all though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...