***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Vance!





Saturday was Vance's 13th Birthday. We now, officially, have 2 teenagers in our house. That's pretty scary! Vance had a good day I think. He opened presents, played games, had the dinner of his choice and went to the movie. He was pretty tired that night actually.

I can hardly believe that he's 13. I say that about all my kid's birthdays, though. They just seem to grow so fast and before we know our time with them is gone! We're really blessed to have Vance in our family. He's a very special guy with an amazing spirit. I think that there are truly great things in store for him in this life. As Vance gets older, I see him growing and learning and becoming a wonderful young man, but he'll always be my buddy. We've always had a closeness that I really cherish. He has a tender heart that's full of love and kindness. I have loved the last 13 years with him and look forward to countless more! Happy Birthday, Vance!

5 Comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

What a sweet post! Happy Birthday Vance!!

Marion said...

What a nice looking son! You have a great family! I happened upon your blog through another..etc...I hope you will stop by my blog as well.
I am Marion, from Nova Scotia, Canada
mom to three (17,14 and 10)

Marion said...

Hi again Cindy, thanks for stopping by MY blog and commenting...yes, I really am that age...LOL..NO idea how I got to be this "old"..I sure don't feel it.
I will be stopping by your blog often, hope you will do the same for me....I am a huge Mary Engelbreit fan as well.....just ordered another cross-stitch book of hers from Ebay!!
Anyway, have a great day!!
Marion

Anonymous said...

I feel for you! I have two teens myself, which means I actually have 4 or more on any given day. It really gets expensive!

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday Vance! It's crazy to watch them grow up. Seriously, where does the time go?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...