***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Snow and Rain, Go Away--Don't Come Back Another Day!

Are you tired of hearing about the snow yet???? Because I sure am tired of dealing with it!!!! Last week was pretty mild around here. Everything started to melt, except my backyard just turned to sheer ice. It's like a skating rink. If it wasn't set on a hill I'd get some skates and test it out!

Yesterday we were suppose to get a little snow and then have it turn to rain. We got 4 inches of snow and it rained just enough to turn everything to slush, then it froze overnight. Today, it's raining again, by this afternoon we're suppose to get some more snow......by tomorrow morning we're suppose to have 6-10 inches of snow..........then a little more snow on Friday, a little more snow on Saturday and a little more snow on Sunday! Ahhhhhhhhh You know, I knew that we'd have snowy winters when we moved to Maine, but this is crazy AND it doesn't stay snow around here, it turns to ice. You can drive all over this area and there's just yards and fields that are completely covered in ice. It's pretty wild. I know I've turned into a whiner about the snow and living in the south has made me somewhat of a weiny in the cold weather, so, I guess I should just "buck-up" and get over it, but I'm probably not going to.

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

We are definitely getting more snow than we usually do. Usually it comes in March and April, but then it melts quickly. I don't mind the snow, but I hate dealing with the ice. Only about 3 more months of this. :-)

Janet said...

We got some snow this year, but it didn't stick.

So, you're LDS? My mom is, too.

Laurie said...

Ummmm....That's a lot of snow and rain and way too much cold for me! WOW! I would be whining right along with you but I actually think that you are handling it pretty well. Be careful on the icy roads. That's really scarey!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

We had a couple of days of clear weather and then it snowed again last night, and it's snowing right now. This afternoon our subdivision was like a skating rink. I'm definitely tired of it too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...