***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Stupid Housing People........

There are parking bans in Topsham when it snows. I know that. If it snows, you're not suppose to park on the street, so that they can plow. So, last night when it RAINED we didn't think anything of it.......This morning we woke up and found that Chad's blazer had been towed. Complaint #1--The city doesn't plow our streets, housing does. Housing is suppose to give notice before they tow. They didn't!
Complaint #2--The last 3 times it's SNOWED they didn't tow anyone or give any notices. (we weren't parked on the street, but we know people who were....)
Complaint #3--IT DIDN'T SNOW!!! IT RAINED!!!
Complaint #4--It cost $100 to get our blazer back
Complaint #5--They towed over 20 cars last night. So, apparently the entire neighborhood, not just us, didn't realize we couldn't be parking on the street and they still felt justified in doing it.

It's the Christmas season, right? The season of giving....showing brotherly love???? What a great way to treat the people who rent from you! I haven't liked this housing since the day we moved in and my dislike continues to grow!
Merry Christmas to you, too, GMH!

5 Comments:

Laurie said...

I am so sorry!!!! That does not seem fair at all! Christmas time or not, I think they should have at least given you a warning before they towed you. Merry Christmas to the tow company. They made out pretty good on that deal.

Your favorite sister said...

Sorry to hear that! Our housing isn't much better! I got a notice because I had my garage light on during the day.I was given a notice of what action I took to correct the problem and had to have it in by 24 hours. So how did I respond? I flipped the switch.Grr!

Life ticks on said...

I am soo sorry. I swear the civilians who run housing have the best job... if they have a bad day they can screw us over and how do we refute what they have done? We cant because they can kick us out if we are too bad about it. GRRR! I remember having just had surgery and not being able to lift anything over 10 lbs or even technically be standing for more than 15 min. Housing was forewarned of this because my husband worked 5-6 days a week (recruiting duty sucks!) and I had a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old at the time.... so they ticket me for the slope OUTSIDE of our mow area saying that whoever told us that we werent supposed to mow that lied to us... UMM IT WAS YOU! you freak! Anyways that particular lady got fired because she would physically enter homes to put citations on the door if the door was open but the screen door was shut. Idiot! Lots of people like me (who had small children or small pets) turned her in.

Life ticks on said...

Oh yeah and I started to mow it because who knew when hubby would get around to it when my hubby got home (lucky someone didnt call base security because he started yelling at me!)

Katy said...

oh my gosh...how frustrating!!! Did you send in an actual complaint?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...