***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Bah-humbug...............

ReindeerNow that Thanksgiving and Myshel's birthday are over, I should be concentrating on Christmas...should be.........I just haven't caught that Christmas bug, yet. I'm trying to catch it.....I did put my Christmas village out, but it mostly reminded me of how very little space we have in our house.........we've talked about putting up our tree, but yet again, we have nowhere to put it. Well, I guess we do have a small corner in the living room, but that also means that the tree is going to be about 1/2 the size it usually is. I suggested that we skip the tree altogether this year, but Chad was the only one who agreed.......I even put Christmas music on my blog page, but even that didn't help much. I'm hoping that as Christmas gets closer and I put up more decorations, that I'll caught that little holiday bug and feel excited about Christmas, but right now, we're leaning a little on the bah-humbug side!




2 Comments:

Katy said...

oh no! YOu know what? i wasnt really in the spirit either till we got our tree up!!! Maybe if you just put a super small tree up and all...you will be able to enjoy it?
We don't want to have to call you Scrooge!!! LOL ;)

Laurie said...

It's tough when you have lots of kids, no room, not enough money, and the pressure to buy!buy!buy!! Each year I question more and more why do certain things and where the feelings of excitement and peace and joy went that I felt when I was a kid. I read the book Christmas Jars last night and today I'm serious rethinking the whole Christmas thing. I don't feel like a scrooge, I just feel like the simple feelings of Christmas are missing. Cheer up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...