***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Little Realization & A Sick Little Boy.................

I know this may sound silly, maybe even a little pathetic, but I had a realization a couple of days ago. I think I've been so involved in getting things done that I didn't quite see the real picture. I had it in my head that I'd have about a week after Chad got back before we packed out and so he'd be here to help with several things.................but the reality is that Chad will come home on Friday and we'll start packing out on the following Monday. Bugger!!!! That means I have to get things done, like NOW! I can't believe that all this time I didn't realize that. My "to do" list just doubled! That's kind of sad actually. So, that's what I've started doing today..........all the little last minute things that will take me longer now that I've realized Chad won't be here to help. The time seems to be going by pretty quick leading up to this move, although, it seems like Chad's been gone forever.........................interesting. I do have a not quite so stressful outlook right now, so that helps, too.
*****
Yesterday we went to a friends house to spend the afternoon, have a little BBQ, let the little kids play in the pool, and just visit. Noah fell asleep on the way to their house and was very fussy once we got there. Most of the time he just wanted to sit on my lap. He started rubbing his head on my neck and I realized he was running a fever. So, we packed up and left early. When I took his temperature at home it was 101. Once the motrin kicked in, though, he seemed to be doing ok. But then he woke up in the middle of the night and it was 102.5. I don't like that. It was a long night. Today it hasn't been as high, but once the medicine wears off the fever would come right back. He doesn't seem to have any other symptoms, so I'm not sure what's going on with him. I hope tonight is better and it finally breaks.

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...