***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Little BooHooooin.............

As you can see there's a new countdown tracker for Chad's return and for any of you who read my blog on a regular basis, you know that that seems to be the theme for our family these days............counting down to when Chad comes back. It's not that we just sit around on our thumbs waiting for his return, but it is always in the back of our minds............Chad/dad will be back in "x" amount of days. It's not exactly a fun theme, but it's what we've got right now.
He hasn't left for a long time (more than 2 weeks) for a few months now, it's just been 2 weeks here, 2 weeks there, 2 more weeks here, etc. This is our last underway period before Chad transfers to shore duty. It will probably feel like the longest!
If you haven't guessed yet, I'm tired of it, I'm frustrated, I'm rather irritated........... I'm burned out. I can honestly say I don't think I've ever been as burned out on anything as I am on the navy right now. I don't want to have to keep track of how many days there are anymore. I should be looking at the bright side of things, like this is the last one for at least 3 years, but that doesn't help, not right now. I just don't want him to be gone......again, even if it is for just 2 1/2 weeks. And I also know, that we'll get through it, because we have to, but I don't want to feel like I have to anymore. We counted the days, and in the last year, Chad's been home for 130 days. 130 out of 365, that's barely a third of the year that we've spent together. It's good that Chad's transfer is coming up, because I'm done. I'm just done!
So this is my "poor, Cindy" post..........maybe tomorrow it will be better...............

1 Comment:

All Blog Spots said...

nice blog, keep the good work going :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...