***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Just another evening.....................

Myshel and Vance are "playing" a game, apparently inbetween arguments..................Noah and McKaylie are fighting over the guitar that Noah swears Vance said he could play with, but McKaylie swears she was given the permission..................... the dog is digging up my azalea bush, the one that she already tore the leaves off of and is now basically just bare twigs sticking out of the ground, thanks to her..................................... Chad is floating around somewhere out there in the ocean on an aircraft carrier with, as I've been told, nothing to do.................. I am hiding................I'm hiding from the craziness of my kids, I'm hiding from the dog who is "loved" a little too much most of the time, I'm hiding from the thought of being a temporary "single mom", I'm hiding from all the housework that needs to be done, I'm hiding from the list of "to do's" for the move that Chad and I made together, yet I'm the only one who has accomplished anything on it, I'm hiding from the dishes and the laundry, I'm hiding from the phone calls that need to be made and I'm hiding from the pile of paperwork that needs to be sorted and filed away, I'm hiding from bedtime routines and bedtime stories, and I'm hiding from another night at home alone, basically I'm hiding from my life right now. In a few minutes, I'll take a few deep breathes and I'll stop hiding and jump back into life as I know it. Right now it's crazy and it's hectic and it's frustrating, and somewhat overwhelming, but it's mine. Besides when the kids are finally in bed asleep and I'm laying down fighting Nutmeg for my pillow, it won't seem quite so insane......................until tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

I've been hiding in my good book today! Unfortunately the things that need to get done don't magically disappear when we're done hiding.

dawnae said...

I am an expert at hiding....if you need any tips...I am here for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...