***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, April 12, 2007

We Were Going to Rhode Island.......................

Hurry UpOk, I'm sure you've all just been "chopping at the bit" wondering what is going on at our house because of my post last week about everything getting shaken up and frustrated. Here's the short version of it (which isn't so short):

I posted awhile back that we had new orders to move to Rhode Island in June. We've been working on getting everything set for that move. We had arrangements with housing there. We were getting ready to head up there over spring break to make more arrangements and get the kids registered for school next fall, especially Myshel. Everything was falling into place and we were quite happy about it. We were excited about going to Rhode Island and looking forward to it.

Did you notice how everything is past tense??? VERY long story short, through no fault of our own, we don't have those orders anymore. We've spent the last week fighting to get things straightended out and get new orders. We basically knew that we'd still be moving in 2 months, but didn't know where we'd be going, we didn't even have a clue. They could send us basically anywhere. Very frustrating! We spent the week in limbo, feeling like the rug got pulled out from under us. Waiting

As of yesterday, Chad was able to get new orders and they're suppose to be set for sure. (we'll see about that) Our new destination is Brunswick, Maine. BundledWe're actually pr etty excited to go back to Maine and tried to get those orders before. However my excitement is short lived and brief, because we can't do anything without the written orders. It will still take (with any luck at all) 2 weeks to get them. 2 weeks might not seem like that long and actually for the navy, that's pretty quick, but for us, it means we will have 1 month to set up everything for this move. Oh wait, that means I'll have 1 month, because Chad will be underway 3 of the 4 weeks in May! Another reason for my short lived excitment. I know that we won't be able to get right in to housing there like we would have in Rhode Island and I know that we won't be able to go up there before hand on house hunting leave to get things arranged.

I also know that this must be how things were suppose to happen for us, for whatever reason. I know that in the long run, everything will work out just fine. And possibly I'll look back and say it was all for the best. I know we'll get moved and settled and we'll enjoy being in Maine again. But for now, I am not a terribly, happy person. I'm feeling pretty stressed and overwhelmed. This is pretty ridiculous even for the military! Pouty

So, to sum it all up, we were going to Rhode Island, now we're going to Maine. It will all be good.................................eventually!





2 Comments:

Unknown said...

You're coming to Maine!!! I hope these orders stick :-) I'm sorry it will be a hard move, though. I'M excited!

dawnae said...

wow...that is too much work for one person. We had to move last summer, and my husband works out of town. I had Rose in May....so I basically had to have everything packed before I had her....it was interesting....you have my sympathies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...