***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, November 13, 2006

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

That about sums up my mood, my activities and my attitude. Blah, blah blah.

Yesterday was the longest day ever in history, I'm sure of it. It just went on and on and on, which I think is where my blah mood started. It's lingering into today, though, and that's not good. I think I have a list of about 100 things I'd like to get done before Chad comes home and if we're lucky 2 might get done. I had a friend tell me the other day, "my house wasn't clean when he left and it's not going to be clean when he comes back". I'm starting to think that's not such a bad philosophy. Blaaahhhhh

My kids are home from school today, too. And trust me, they really need to go back to school. Myshel is babysitting all day, so that is at least one less attitude in the house, but trust me all the other attitudes more than make up for it. Noah had a bad night. I think his throat was hurting (they told me that could/would happen around the 5-8 days after surgery) so today he's tired and grumpy and thinks the world, or at least this household, should revolve around him. Vance is in a "leave me alone, I don't care about anything" mood, which isn't good, because his mean mother expects him to help out today. McKaylie just doesn't want to do anything she doesn't want to do. And me, my attitude is blah, blah, blah, blah. All of these together make a very volatile combination. There could be casualties..................

It didn't help that it rained, no poured, the entire day yesterday. I mean, literally, it did not stop pouring rain all day. Yes, that definitely added to the blah effect.

You wouldn't think that the attitude of our house would be blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, considering we are so close to being done with this deployment, however, I think that that is a factor, too. The last few weeks are always hard, you're so close, yet not quite there yet. You can see the end, but you still have to get through the day to day stuff until "the" day is here. Blahhhhhh

I'm sure we'll get out of our blah funk, but it could be another very long, blah, blah day.

countdown: 4 days and a wake up

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain...I'm in the same mood, dealing with similar rainy weather. Blah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...