***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, April 24, 2006

Pre-deployment Meltdown

Scared 2 Chad and I have been doing all the pre-deployment "stuff" for quite awhile now. There's all the physical things that you can get prepared for, but I still haven't figured out how to prepared for the emotional "stuff" (this is our 5th major deployment). I don't let myself dwell on the fact that he's leaving and so it gets pushed to the back of my mind most of the time. Yesterday, however, I suddenly realized that he only has about a week and then he's gone for 6 months. I thought about everything that I hadn't let myself think about. That's never a good thing to do. It made for a very hard evening with a lot of tears. I know that we've done this before, but things change, I've never had to deal with everything myself when Myshel was a teenager or when Vance was graduating for 5th grade and starting middle school, or when McKaylie was turning 6, or when Noah was a little wild child and wouldn't go to sunbeam class without screaming and crying. I've never done a summer deployment when my kids are out of school. If you think about it, everything's different because nothing in our lives stay the same. Besides each time he leaves there's always something new to "deal" with. I don't think I'm ready........................ but then I don't think I ever will be..........I don't feel like I can handle it all..............but I have to.................I don't think I'm strong enough..................but 4 kids need me to be.............................I don't want to do it.................but I don't have a choice. It's going to be a very hard week.





1 Comment:

Your favorite sister said...

Don't make me cry! That is soooo unfair! You are absolutely strong enough to handle this. I look to you for advice on these things and you have to be strong because I need you to be! Now you have 5 kids that need you to be strong! :) I am always here for you and you know the chair in the hallway at church is always open. We will get through this! Just don't make me cry! You are strong and you are proud!We are Navy wives! :) :) Don't you just love me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...