***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, January 23, 2012

Vance's Bows

(If you've seen my facebook page then you've probably already seen these pictures, but I wanted to post them on my blog, too. Vance is very proud of them and he should be.)

This bow is the first one that Vance made. It's made out of PVC pipe. I really had my doubts that it would amount to much, but he totally proved me wrong. It works really well. This is his second bow. It's a long bow. He made this one with the help of his dad. There was a lot more work involved in this wood one. They had a great time making this together and for their first one, it really turned out nice. Vance shot it for the first time and the arrow went clear through his target and stuck in the wood behind it. I think it works. Vance loves this bow--he's even named it. They've also stained it since I took this picture. it's now a mahogany color. I think the two of them are already planning the next one. Before I know it, I'll have a garage full of homemade bows.

3 Comments:

gramjo said...

I love the bows;I'm proud of you Vance. Way to go.

gramjo said...

I love the bows;I'm proud of you Vance. Way to go.

Unknown said...

Impressive bows!

I didn't know you moved. I'm glad your family is all together again. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...