***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Crickets, Be Gone!!!

Wow, it's been even longer than I thought since I've been on my blog. Shame on me! I've once again been chastised for it's neglect, so I've decided to take action.

I'll start with a super quick summary of the last few months. We moved from Maine to Virginia (again). Can't say that I was thrilled about it--the kids definitely were not thrilled. Chad was out to sea for about 6 weeks right after we moved--did not help our happiness levels! However it's nice, now, after 16 months of living apart, to finally be under the same roof.

Had a fun, little Halloween, a nice, quiet Thanksgiving, and a good Christmas, too.

Now we're into a new year, hoping that this is a better year than our last, but it's not really starting out that way.

I'll finish posting pictures of our vacation we took in August, interspersed with more recent info as time goes by. I've made it a goal to do better about posting. I'll start by posting our Halloween pics, since they'll be the easiest.

Halloween 2011

Here's the kids carving away on their pumpkins
And the final result. We always have fun carving pumpkins!
Here's McKaylie and Noah trick-or-treating with some friends of ours. I realized later, that I didn't get a picture of just them--wasn't too happy with myself. McKaylie was a cowgirl and Noah was a hunter. I love it when they pick easy costumes!!!
Our friends invited us to their ward's Halloween trunk-or-treating, too. Here's McKaylie and her friend Ellen at that party. Our families met when these 2 girls were just starting nursery (18 months old) in Pensacola. Time has certainly flown by!
And here's Ellen's mom, Christy, and me. She's one of my sweetest, dearest friends and one of the few reasons I'm glad to be back in Virginia. I've missed her so much and it's so nice to live so close to her again!

4 Comments:

Kids Cooking Activities said...

Yea! Sorry I chastised you ;>

Cindy said...

It's ok-- you weren't the only one.

gramjo said...

I thought maybe you moved and didn't notify me. Just kidding. We miss you.

sargent1029 said...

Hi Cindy,
I really like your blog! I noticed you mentioned how you moved from Maine. That you did! You left me here with over a foot of snow now! ;) I do miss you dearly, but am so happy for you that you're all together again. It sounds like things are going well for you. I send you all my best, and all my love.

Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...