***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer Update

I've been properly "reminded" to update my blog, so here I am. I do need to keep up with it more. I'll have to try harder, I think.

So a little update of our family's status as of today.

Chad reported to his ship, the USS Ponce, on July 1st. They're going to be out to sea on and off (mostly on) through the rest of the summer and then at the end of September they're planning on deploying for 7 months. The kids and I are staying here in Maine while all that's going on. It's a good thing for the kids. They'll get to stay here with friends, school and other things they're familiar with while their dad's gone. It's good for me, too, I guess, but being here in Maine while he's stationed in Virginia has left me feeling very disconnected from him and what's going on. Since he's at sea, you'd think that it really wouldn't matter, but it does for some reason and I don't like it. We should be able to see Chad in September before he deploys. That will be nice and difficult at the same time. We know that this is the right thing for our family and so we do what we need to do. A year spent mostly apart just isn't very appealing, though. Of course, Chad would be quick to point out that we'd still spend the year mostly apart even if we were in Virginia. Don't you just love the navy!

Vance returned from scout camp last Friday. I was super proud of him. He passed his swimming test and earned his swimming merit badge while he was there. He was rather concerned about it, so I was really happy to hear that he'd accomplished that goal. I heard a lot about how "hot" the swimming teacher was . . . maybe that's why he tried so hard and passed???? (she's 21)

Myshel left for girl's camp this morning. She is one of the youth leaders. I think she'll have a great time, even though camping is not her thing.

With Chad gone and first now Vance and now Myshel being gone, our house has been feeling rather strange.

Noah has summer school 2 days a week, which he likes because his best friend is in his class with him.



McKaylie has friends calling her every day wanting to play. She'll be at one friend's house and 3 others will call while she's gone! I can't keep up with her social life! and she's only 10!

1 Comment:

gramjo said...

live is busy at your house and that is good

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...