***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Noah's "Love Quilt"

Before Chad left he finished a cross-stitch of a gray fox for Noah. There were several other animals that Chad had cross-stitched over the years that Noah adopted as his own. After Chad left, Noah wanted to sew the cross-stitched animals into a blanket for Chad and send it to him. I told Noah that even though that was a very sweet idea, his dad had made the fox for him and he wanted him to have it. Then I suggested that I sew all the cross-stitches into a quilt for Noah and then when he misses his dad, he can wrap himself up in the quilt, think of his dad's arms around him and remember how much his dad loves him.

He was all for the idea, so that's what I've been working on this last week. I ended up using 2 cross-stitches that I had hanging on my wall, too. I think I now like them in the quilt better, though. Noah was so excited to have it finished today. I told him that maybe we should send it to dad and he said "NO WAY, this is my love quilt!" I think, of all the kids, Noah needed something like this to remember his dad. Of course all the kids (except Myshel---I think that's because she has Grandma Jo's quilt that she's constantly snuggled in) want a quilt now. I guess it will keep me busy for the summer.

When I was tying the quilt last night, Noah asked me where I learned to to do that. I told him that my mom and grandma taught me how to tie a quilt. He said, "I really am glad that they did." I really am glad that they did, too!

4 Comments:

Kids Cooking Activities said...

love that story -brought me a little teary eyed. Love the quilt you did a great job.

The Bent Gang said...

it's beautiful, Cindy

Unknown said...

I love the "Love Quilt"! That is such a sweet story. Noah is so blessed to have a mom who can make him such a special quilt. We just had a quilting class today for a Relief Society activity. We could have used your talent and experience. :-)

gramjo said...

love the quilt; the material and the story behind it.eEveryone needs a love quilt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...