***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Camping

About a week before Chad left, he took the boys on an overnight camping trip. They went to Jewel Island with some friends. Noah was very excited to go camping with his dad and his best friend not to mention he got to ride on a lobster boat to get there! I made Chad promise (promise, promise) to have the boys wear life jackets while on the boat. (notice---no one has a life jacket on!!!!---grumble)
Noah loved be there with his best buddy, but unfortunately it poured rain throughout the night and most of the next morning. Chad said Noah didn't sleep at all (AT ALL) that night and was very grumpy the next day. They called me from their tent at 7:30 in the morning. I could hear the rain hitting the tent.They did manage to have some fun hiking the next day, though. Noah fell asleep on the drive home (around 3PM) and he slept until 7 the next morning. He was so exhausted.
When I asked him the next day if he had fun, he said that he did, but that the next time he goes camping, I have to come, too! Chad said he really missed me---I hate that, you know. And, just for the record . . . I don't want to hear how women over pack ever again. These guys were only gone for 1 night!!!!

3 Comments:

gramjo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gramjo said...

what fun if it just didn't have to rain

Unknown said...

I'm glad they had moments of fun. :-) I'm not a huge fan of camping, so the rain would have been a major challenge for me! If I'm going to sleep outside in a tent, I want sunshine and warmth!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...