***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, May 24, 2010

Birthday Playdate

On Saturday McKaylie had a birthday playdate. I refused to call it a party, even though that's what it was. We had it at the park and I was sooooooooooooooo glad we did. 7 screaming 9-10 year old girls!!!!!!!! Yikes! I was so glad that we weren't in my house!McKaylie is such a social butterfly. I don't know where she gets it. Chad and I are definitely not that way . . . I don't think. Anyway, she has lots of friends and was very disappointed that she had to limit her invites to 10 (8 showed up--1 was really late).Something else that I'm totally not ready for with McKaylie . . . . .
boys! She invited one boy. He was totally ok with being the only boy by the way. He actually was really late because he had a baseball game, which was ok by me! I shouldn't complain too much, really. He was the best behaved one there, extremely polite! It was nice.Myshel was not so interested in the party! Vance enjoyed throwing pebbles at her, which we reminded him was not very nice---after we stopped giggling! In her defense, she had just gotten back from a sleep-over for the leaders at camp--she was very tired . . . and she's a teenager.

1 Comment:

Kids Cooking Activities said...

great idea to do that elsewhere!
I don't know how Myshel could sleep there though, doesn't look too comfy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...