***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

MRI? . . . I don't know . . .

I get a lot of headaches and migraines. I have for a long time. Lately, though, I've been getting some headaches that start at the base of my head/neck and trigger migraines. So, my doctor wants to do an MRI just to make sure there's nothing more going on.

Ummmmm. . . . .. . . . . .. . . .. . . . . . . .

I'm really not liking the idea of an MRI because me and tight places don't exactly agree. In fact, I'm freaking a little. I told my doctor about my little (BIG) anxiety with claustrophobia and she reassured me (or tried to) telling me that it really isn't as bad as I'd think. She aslo said she could prescribe something that would help me relax a little. That idea doesn't thrill me either. I don't like the idea of taking Activan, even if it is only 1 pill that she prescribed.

So, now I'm freaking out about the MRI and the "tube" I have to lay in for who knows how long. (Chad's last one took 30 minutes!!!!!!!) AND I'm freaking out about whether I should take the Activan. It does say that it's used to treat anxiety, which seems to be exactly what I've got!

Help!

4 Comments:

The Bent Gang said...

Ethan just had an MRI on his knee...they turned some music on and he slept for about an hour...he thought it was great! & no medication....

Cindy said...

Does he want to do mine for me?????

Chad told me the same thing, but I'm still freaking about it.

What's wrong with Ethan's knee? Is everything ok?

Unknown said...

I hope you can go through with the MRI, Cindy. If you have to take the Activan to do it then I think you should take it. It's only 1 pill, 1 time.

Janice said...

Oh Cindy. I'm so sorry. If you are really worried about the medicine, maybe you could ask for a Priesthood blessing from Chad? I think Heavenly Father trumps any kind of medication out there. Maybe it will give you the peace of mind to get through it and forget about the time as well. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...