***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, August 10, 2009

USS Constitution

We went to see the USS Constitution, the oldest commissioned warship, afloat. It was pretty cool. I'm amazed that a ship that was build almost 212 years ago can still be around and working. I was amazed at how low the overhead is, too. On the berthing deck, I couldn't even walk around without ducking and I'm only 5'2". I loved the uniforms, which are official navy issued uniforms for this command. Wouldn't you love to see Chad wearing that! Those sailors lived in insane conditions. Absolutely amazing, really. The kid's got rather tired on the tour --- it was hot and muggy that day but in the end, we had a good time and it was worth it to see and hear all about the ship.

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...